Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Progress

Since I'm devoting my Facebook statuses to the Christmas story this week, I wanted to share some news here...

I am officially PICC line free!!!  No more IV meds!  No more having to stay up late to do the last dose or wake up early to get the morning dose done in time.  Ahhh.  I can't believe I made it 6 weeks.  It seemed like such a long time at the beginning, but it actually went by pretty quickly, mostly because I've been focused on Christmas.

The plan is now to wait 2 weeks and do a blood draw to make sure the infection is gone.  Then in 3 weeks I'll meet with the surgeon to learn the results and (hopefully) schedule the last surgery.  As long as the bloodwork is clean, I should be getting a new hip some time around mid January.

I can't stress again how much I like this new surgeon and how blessed I am that I was led to him.  I believe he will do his best and has my best interests at heart.

Well, since I don't have to do an IV, I'm going to bed!  Merry Christmas to me :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment