Monday, December 13, 2010

Merry Christmas

When I first heard I'd be hipless at Christmastime, I was disappointed to say the least.  What about shopping at the mall?  What about walking around looking at lights?  What about decorating our yard?  How would I do these things without a hip?  I actually tried to have the surgery pushed up for these very reasons.  The surgeon didn't seem to think Christmas deprivation warranted an early surgery, so here we are.

Once again, turns out God knew what He was doing.  The Christmas Season has been a welcome distraction for me and has made the past 4 1/2 weeks go by pretty quickly.  (I can't believe I only have 1.5 weeks left on the IV!)  And I get to look at a pretty tree and decorations as I sit here all day as opposed to the normal drab that is our house.

It's also forced me to focus on the important things this Christmas.  Since I couldn't participate in the usual stress filled, pre-Christmas shopping at the mall, I ordered everything online and I'm done.  Now I just get to enjoy looking at the gifts until they are opened on Christmas.  I'm enjoying creating Christmas games and fun things for Laurel to do when she's home.  I'm enjoying watching the excitement of Christmas through her eyes.  And, I'm enjoying the fact that someone else will have to clean up all the decorations after Christmas ;)  

Merry Christmas!

P.S. Test results came back NEGATIVE for a secondary infection- holla!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment