Thursday, June 16, 2011

Happy New Year in June!

This time last year I was in the middle of my first (and what was supposed to be my last) surgery.  Four surgeries and 10 months later, I was FINALLY able to walk again!

There hasn't been a day that's gone by since I've been recovered that I haven't thanked God for the simple pleasure of being able to walk.  The simple pleasure of being able to hold my daughter's hand or carry her to her room.  The simple pleasure of being able to bend down and pick her up or sit on the floor and play with her. 

Yes, there are days I'm tired as hell and I really don't want to go outside in the 100 degree heat and fill up the pool or swing her or help her pick up sticks.  But I usually do, because I remember the days when I couldn't and when she begged and begged and there was nothing I could do about it.

I am just so thankful that God led me to the surgeon here in Austin and that I received the care I did from him.

Thank you again to everyone who prayed for me, to those who sent me flowers, cards, and gifts and to my family and Rich's family for being our cooks, maids, chauffeurs, and sounding boards (when I really felt the need to vent!). 

Happy New Year to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment